Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dump Cake and Lil' Musings

Easy, breezy, 1, 2 threezy.. you will have this dessert together in no time. You do need whip cream or Vanilla Ice cream, or your Ice Cream of choice to cut back on the sweetness. As my mom states here in her cookbook, this is a very "rich" dessert. I must say, this is the section of the whole blog, along with the family memories and recipes that has my heart attached to it. I can think of nothing more gratifying than standing in a kitchen playing mad scientist with sugar and other sweet things to make a dessert that brings smiles to everyone. It is truly one of my greater joys in life!


2 cans of Fruit Cocktail or 1 REALLY LARGE can of Fruit Cocktail. You can also use Pie Filling too.

1 box white cake mix or yellow cake mix

1 stick of butter (sliced)

1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans for this one)

Pour can(s) of fruit into a 9x13 pan. Spread dry cake mix over fruit filling. Spread nuts over cake mix. Put sliced butter, arranging it all over the top of the dessert, if you have to use a little extra, go ahead, I'll never tell! (wink) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 or 1 1/2 hours till the top is golden brown and the fruit beneath is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment