Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mom's St. Patrick's Day Pudding Cake

I believe, in all humble honesty, that my mom got this recipe off of my Aunt Susan, my father's sister. This cake barely survived 24 hours in our house after it was made. Place a slice in a bowl and dump some ice cold milk over it..... heaven!!!!

The Cake

1 box yellow cake mix* (or White Cake Mix)

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup Milk

1/2 cup Oil

2 small packages instant pistachio pudding

5 eggs

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt Cake Pan.

Add all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for one minute, then 2 minutes on high speed, being careful not to over mix. Pour batter into bundt pan (or a 9x 13 pan will work just fine) Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. A toothpick should come out with a few crumbs on it. If it comes out completely clean, you over baked the cake. Which, there is nothing wrong with that, my mom used to bake it until the toothpick came out clean. * The recipe written down in my mom's book says White Cake Mix. For the life of me though, I have seen my mother make this cake many times, and I do not ever remember her using White Cake Mix, she always used Yellow Cake Mix.

The Frosting:

1 package Dream Whip

1 package Instant Pistachio Pudding

1 1/2 cups Milk

Beat well until thick. Spread on Cake. Place cake in cool place, or refrigerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment