Monday, March 15, 2010

Sue's Potato Chip Cookies

I always ask for a tin full of these around the holidays! I remember when Sue first introduced this cookie to me, I was a little skeptical at the time. I also was not a huge fan of the sweet/salty combination. But, being it was a dessert, I tried one, and was absolutely floored!! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! These cookies quickly became a family staple made at Christmas time.


1 cup Unsalted Butter

1/2 cup Sugar

1 3/4 cup flour

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

3/4 cup crushed, plain potato chips *see note*

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla extract. Gradually mix in flour and chips. Drop by teaspoon on silpat lined cookie sheet (or just an non greased cookie sheet) Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on rack. If desired, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. (But we never did, I don't think the cookies ever made it that far!)

*Note, do not use flavored or "Waved" potato chips. Also, I would use a good brand of a regular potato chip that you enjoy eating, I would not buy the "inexpensive" one because I have done that before, and other than it winds up tasting bad, the cookies do not turn out right. They flatten out too much, and burn because of the extra grease from a cheap chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment